This document outlines the entire upgrade procedure to update an Elonex 621EB to allow for system updates and the installation of new versions of the system software.
What you will need
Before continuing please ensure that you have the following available:
Unpacking the update package
- Elonex 621EB charged to at least 50% capacity (left charging for at least 60 minutes).
- The 621EB USB PC connect cable.
- 621EB-fw1119.exe file which can be obtained from the list on the right.
- An SD Card of at least 2GB in size.
- A Windows PC.
Updating your 621EB eBook
- Insert the SD card into your PC, the PC will recognise the SD card and give assign a drive letter
- In Microsoft Windows navigate to the 621EB-fw1119a.exe file you have downloaded.
- Double click 621EB-fw1119a.exe, and type in the drive letter that matches the one assigned to your SD card, it will self-extract all of the files needed for the update.
- Once the extraction is complete, remove the SD card from the PC and insert it into the 621eb. The unit is now ready for updating.
In order to install the firmware onto your table please follow the instructions below:
- Ensure that the 621EB is switched off.
- Press and hold down the Back button and whilst holding the Back button press down on the Select button
- Whilst holding down Back and Select buttons press and release the Reset button on the back of the unit but continue to hold down select and back buttons.
- The 621EB will start its wakeup routine and a number of square dots will appear at the bottom of the display in sequence. When the 7th Dot appears wait a further 5 seconds then release both the Back and Select buttons .
The update will now proceed and on completion the 621EB will restart. The update is complete
For further technical support please call 0871 222 3456